When life gets busy..it's hard to keep up with everything! My husband is a Grad student working on his doctorate in Chiropractic. Every few months he has either boards or finals, so the kids and I pack up and head to Grandma's for a few days. ..but that means life is not the norm..so I lose track of the things I'm trying to keep up with, including my blogging!:) We had fun and are trying to get back into the swing of things, so bare with me!:) Until then, here is a yummy treat to try!
mmmm! My MiL made this last week and it was delicious. I made it yesterday for a dinner with friends and we devoured it! Hope you enjoy!
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the oats, flour, brown sugar, salt and baking soda. Cut in the butter to form a crumbly mixture. Reserve 1 1/2 cups of the crumbs, and pat the rest evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. In a medium bowl, stir together the sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter. Spread evenly over the oatmeal layer. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the peanut butter layer, then crumble the reserved crust over the top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
(recipe from allrecipes.com)
also to try..
Popcorn Indiana.. Dark Fudge Chocolate Chip Kettle Corn, and Drizzled Cinnamon Sugar Kettle Corn..among others I tried this last week were AMAZING!!! WOW!mmmm..doesn’t begin to describe how good they are! ;) In the chip isle at the grocery store! ..tell me that doesn’t look AMAZING! :P