Friday, January 28, 2011

Brush Stroke Mod Podge

I was helping out in Activity Days last week, teaching the 8-11 year olds and their moms how to decorate cupcakes with a star tip. I had a blast, probably more fun than they did! They all did a great job though! So, besides cupcake decorating, they also did this little craft. I asked how to do it, and the sister let me try it! I can’t wait to buy some and do some more pictures of my kids on canvas!

It’s a brush stroke ModPodge over some pictures.. really easy.

These are the pictures I did.

IMG_4545 IMG_4549

IMG_4551




It is really neat looking when it is all done! (I don’t know if you can tell here very well what the finish looks like, but it’s the best I can get!)





IMG_4548




You can get the mod podge from any big local craft store, but make sure you have your coupon! Make sure you buy the one that says “Brushstroke” on the bottle! You’ll also need a small 1/2” or so, bristle brush.




image

Streak the mod podge on in long strokes, just to get the picture covered at first, then you can go back over it in just little “x” like strokes to cover the whole thing. If you drop a hair of the brush, just pick it out with your fingers and brush over that spot again. It is very forgiving and you can put a couple layers on. My picture bubbled up a little when it was wet, but as it dried, it flattened back out!

If you use this style for photo pictures, you do need to seal the picture first with some kind of Clear Acrylic Sealer (there are lots of different brands), but if it’s just a picture like the ones I have here, you can go right for the mod podge.

IMG_4586

IMG_4603

Color is bad on this one, but you can see the brush stroke better on it.

IMG_4591

Linked @:

mmm buttonThe Girl CreativeMakingKeeping It SimpleLINKPARTYBUTTONNightOwlCraftingCraft Goodies







BACK TO TUTORIALS!

9 comments:

The Dooley Family said...

so fun!! I love brushstroke canvas art!

Unknown said...

I love Brushstrokes! That looks gorgeous!

Katherine said...

Oh, that is amazing! Looks just like a painting! I've got to try this. Thanks for linking up to Gettin' Krafty With It!

Renee Hand said...

I am following your blog through the blog hop. Please follow back at http://thecryptocapersseries.blogspot.com
www.reneeahand.com
Thanks!
Renee

Johnnie said...

I am so excited!! Thanks for sharing this. I didn't know mod podge had a brushstroke version. Hi. I am a new follower from Welcome Wednesday. Looking forward to getting to know you. Blessings...

http://www.artfire.com/users/SavedByLoveCreations

Johnnie said...

Oh yeah, and please please please stop by tomorrow and enter this post in my "thrifty thursday" hop. Love it!

Heavenly Savings said...

Beautiful! I did something like this at a Super Saturday! We did them over wood and made them look like tile! So cool! I’m a new follower Happy Wednesday!! I would love for you to stop and take a look at my blog as well! Thanks!
http://heavenlysavings.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I'm a new follower From WWBH!!
When you get a chance, I would love for you to stop and follow me back!

Cheers

http://www.kaentrenos.net/2011/01/pra-esquentar.html

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.