Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Remote Control Holder

These aren’t the greatest instructions, so if you have any questions, let me know what I can answer.. It’s pretty basic. But I can come up with some more explanatory pics. when I have more time, if you wish!

1. Measure the remotes lengthwise and double it. Measure and cut your fabric. ..My longest remote was 9 inches, so I doubled that and cut my fabric 18 inches long. For 3 remotes, my width was about 11 inches, which gave room for seems.

IMG_4358

2. Fold right sides together and sew along the bottom. Rotate your fabric to decide where you will want the seem to be. It doesn’t matter really, so long as it isn’t seen, but I put mine along the inside bottom.

IMG_4363IMG_4362

3. With right sides together, sew up both sides, leaving a small opening on one end to flip it. ( Just like if you were making a pillow)

IMG_4365

4. Flip it! Then sew a seem along the top and bottom. Fold up the fabric to make sure you have it where you want it to set on the remotes, then stitch the two sides. Measure the in between evenly and then stitch it as well. Mine was 10” across, so I sewed the seems every 3 1/3 inches which seemed perfect.

IMG_4366 IMG_4368

5. Sew some straps on, I just used ribbon, and hang it.

IMG_4370


BACK TO TUTORIALS!!


Linked up with:


image

Tute yourself tuesday red and white

lil luna link party button

NightOwlCrafting


IhookedupwithHoHlamespice




Photobucket







8 comments:

Unknown said...

What a cute idea!!! Now I just need to decide on a fabric :) Happy Tuesday I'm your newest follower from the Linky party at Not Just a Housewife

Laurie in SC said...

Love, love, love your remote organizer creation! Boy do we ever need one (or more) of those at our house. Thanks for sharing your creativity and Happy 2011!

Fowl Single File said...

Remotes are not my realm of expertise, but foil, plastic wrap, and parchment paper are! I really want to make one of these for my pantry. Thanks for the inspiration!

Stacy Risenmay said...

What a great idea! Thanks for adding my linky party button to your post :) I appreciate it and I am happy you linked this up!!!

Unknown said...

I need to get myself a sewin machine.

Radnav

The Autocrat: Haley said...

Super handy idea!

maleahbliss said...

Great idea! I seriously need one of these. So, so beautiful! Thanks so much for linking up last week! I hope you'll stop by again today! :) I'll be posting features soon...

LittleEme.blogspot.com

Misty @Creative Itch said...

What a fabulous idea!! We are always losing our remotes...this one is definitely going on my "To Do List"!

Thanks for linking @Creative Itch's "Sew Cute Tuesday"!