Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tasty Tuesday - Chicken Cordon Bleu

I do a Tasty Tuesday on my “family blog”, but I think I’ll start doing it here too! I’m not good about doing it EVERY Tuesday, but when I have a good recipe, I like to share!

This recipe I came up with from a few different recipes I combined. We LOVE it!

Chicken Cordon Bleau

IMG_3929

Ingredients:

**Chicken breasts (large can be cut into 2), so..however many you need to feed your family! **Dijon Mustard **Swiss Cheese **Deli Ham **Egg Wash (egg and water) **Shredded Parmesan Cheese **Basil **Oregano **Ritz Crackers **Salt and Pepper

Instruction

*Pound chicken flat..to about 1/2 inch or so thick. If you pound them too much they will start falling apart, so be careful! (Then cut in 1/2 now if needed)

*Spread small layer of Dijon Mustard. Lay the 1 slice of Swiss cheese and 1-2 slices of ham (depending on thickness). Roll chicken and stick it with a toothpick (or 2 or 3 or 4!) to hold it together.

*Mix together about 20 crushed ritz crackers-crushed, 2-3 Tbsp grated parmesan Cheese, sprinkle of Basil, oregano, salt and pepper. I’m sorry, I don’t have exact measurements, I just go till it looks/tastes about right. (You don’t need too much salt (if any), ‘cause the crackers are also salted, and the ham is salty too.) and if you run out, just make up some more.

*Dip the chicken rolls in the egg wash and then in the cracker crumbs. Roll until chicken is coated in the crumbs.

*Lay on greased cookie sheet. Bake 350* for about 25 min. until Brown and chicken is cooked through.

BACK TO RECIPES

No comments: