FIRST of all..let me tell you, I am NOT a professional seamstress. I don’t claim to be, and am not the best with coming up with patterns. However, I do seem to have a knack for seeing something and “winging it”. That being said..if you have any tips or tricks to show, I am ALL ears! :) So, lets get started!
1. Cut 2 pieces of coordinating fabric to 13” x 1 3/4”. Cut one piece of interfacing to 1 1/4” x 10”
2. Iron fabrics. Iron interfacing to one piece of fabric on the wrong side 1/2” from the 1 end.
3. Put 2 pieces wrong sides together (pin if you need) and sew along 3 sides (2 long and one short) leaving one end open for turning. Use 1/8 inch seams!
4. Clip corners and flip. Pull right side out and push corners in with a crochet hook or other slightly pointy object. (but not too pointy because you don’t want to poke a hole into the fabric!) Stitch down the 2 long sides again. (can do all 3 or all 4 if you want).
(See the stitching in this one!)
5.Put key ring on end w/o interfacing and turn up about 1 1/2”. Fold other end down to overlap about 1/2”. Make 1 (lose) seam across to hold the 3 pieces together.
(I forgot to do my stitching down the front side..don’t pay attention to that..do it for yours though. It gives it a more finished look!:) )
6. Cut ribbon about 5 inches. Wrap around and fold in end. Stitch along both sides of the ribbon. Make sure to get close to the end so you don’t leave too big of a gap for the ring, otherwise it will be spinning circles. I used a “D” ring, for Relief Society Super Saturday, we will be using regular key chain rings.
It’s not perfect, but it works! And it’s CUTE!!