Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tasty Tuesday - Hummus

IMG_6591

Amazing! I didn’t realize how EASY hummus is to make! Here is the recipe I adjusted from the one I found on Allrecipes.com. (Real Hummus). Like I saidIMG_6610, I made a few adjustments though. Here is my recipe:

1 can Garbanzo Beans

2 tsp. minced, Garlic

2 Tbsp. Tahini Paste

4-5 Tbsp. Lemon Juice

Salt and Pepper to taste

Drain the liquid from the can of garbanzo beans into a cup. Empty the beans into your mixer (I use a magic bullet). Pour about 1/2 the liquid back into the beans. Add your garlic, Tahini paste, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Blend. If it’s too thick, you can add a little more of the bean liquid. Everything is “to taste”. So, if you feel it is lacking a little in any ingredient, just add a little more. You can drizzle olive oil over the top and put any kind of flavor you want into it.

This is just a basic hummus recipe. So from here you can add ground red pepper, or try cumin, dill, curry (I tried red thai curry paste and liked it), my husband added a few drops of juice from our bottle of jalapenos and loved it.. I’ve heard of peanut butter hummus, cucumber hummus, and many more. ..I would look up details on those though!

Eat with pita bread or pita chips! YUM!! Enjoy

It keeps in the fridge .. IF there is any left when you are done! I think we’ve gone through about 4 cans of beans in the last week! (Once you have opened your bottle of Tahini..that will also go in the fridge!)

No comments: