Sunday, August 26, 2012

Baby Blanket from Dress Shirt

A friend of mine is expecting her second child. She is married to a man from India, and it is custom in his culture that the baby is brought home from the hospital in a piece of the father's clothing. I wasn't able to make an outfit like someone did for her first child, but I did make a blanket out of one of her husband's dress shirts. They haven't found out the gender, so they wanted it to be gender neutral, and this is what I came up with...


It is only about 31in x 32in, but that's all she needed. Just big enough for a newborn. Plus, the center square is the pocket from the shirt, which perfectly fits a small stuffed animal as my baby present.


I even had a couple of left over squares to make her 2-year-old a matching monster!

Katee

No comments: