Tuesday, November 1, 2011

You’ve been Boo’ed

My family and I started this BOO thing around our neighborhood. We Boo'ed three families and within the two weeks before Halloween this ghost sign was everywhere! So fun! Someone at church mentioned that she was grateful for whomever started it and I kept it to myself but it made me feel good. She said her kids were so excited to get a treat and even more excited to go and ding, dong, ditch other people. Ha ha! i Know I loved it when I was younger as well. We did not put a sign up in our window after starting it but it did come back to us. We had a delicious array of goodies left on our doorstep. Yum! Can't wait to do this next year!

pre-halloween 008

(I drew up a ghost to share for the BOO sign and I added some picture to the poem to make it look more exciting!)

pre-halloween 012

Print or write out this poem:

The air is cool, the season fall,
Soon Halloween will come to all.

Ghosts and goblins, spooks galore...
Tricky witches at your door.

The spooks are after things to do,
In fact a spook brought this "Boo" to you!

The excitement comes when friends like you,
Copy this note and make it two.

We'll all have smiles upon our faces,
No one will know who "BOO"ed who's places!

Just two short days to work your spell,
Keep it secret, hide it well.

Please join the fun, the seasons here .
Just spread these "BOO's" and Halloween cheer.

pre-halloween 011

(I had a clear plastic cup that I drew a pumpkin face on; orange tissue paper filled with candy and tied it with a green ribbon. Simple treat to share!)

Include a sheet of paper that says:

You have been BOOED! Please keep it going by following these directions:

  1. Enjoy your treat
  2. Place the BOO sign on your front door or visible in a window
  3. Within 2 days, make 2 copies of this note, make 2 treats & 2 BOO signs
  4. Secretly deliver to 2 neighbors/friends without a BOO.
  5. Keep an eye on nearby front doors to see how far and fast it spreads by Halloween.

No comments: